Saturday, July 18, 2009

Moving Stinks, but God is Cool

Well, I sit here on Saturday evening in the Panera Bread in Fountain City. I love this place (except for their new coffee style, not a big fan of that), especially when I'm in an "Internet pinch."

I'm in just such a pinch now. We just moved from a rental home in Gibbs to a rental condo in Fountain City on Thursday. (P.S., I'm a big fan of "Two Men and a Truck!" Shout outs to Eddie and Anthony, if they read this!) The Internet is set up with Comcast, but we just cleared out enough room in the condo to actually get the cable jacks within arm's reach last night at about midnight. I had to work at my "real" job all day today, so no Internet at the condo yet.

The great thing about Panera is that Emily and I can meet here for a pre-birthday supper (her birthday is tomorrow...) and then I can stay and "compute" and finish up my sermon and stuff for tomorrow's worship gathering at Panache at 10 a.m. Love to see you there, by the way!

Now I totally believe moving stinks, since packing up and then living out of boxes, and trying to do it all with a Chloe in the room, is tough. But, God has provided us a cheaper, and closer-in place that will be great for our small group to meet in. We loved the green spaces of Gibbs, but we are committed to our ministry in the more urban areas of our town. So, this is great for us!

Finally, many of you have been praying that God would send our core group the worship leader and ministry partner that He wants us to have. As a result of an ad on craigslist, and also putting the word out to some pastor friends, we have been connected with several prospective dudes. So, your prayers are working... Keep praying that the Holy Spirit would work in the heart of the right guy and he would be as excited about loving Knoxville with Christ's love as we are!

See you tomorrow!

No comments: