Thursday, May 1, 2008

My First-Ever Blog Post!

Well, this is my first-ever blog post!

God definitely has a way of calling you to do the things you have said you'd never do.

I said that I would never want to plant a church, and God called me (and my wife!) to do it.

I said I would never have a blog, and after several church planter guys I respect said I should do it, both for myself and future planters, here we are, writing on kevinlayne.blogspot.com.

Weird.

God definitely has both a way of showing He's in charge, and also a sense of humor!

More to come soon. If you'd like to keep up with our journey of planting a church in Northeast Knoxville, Tennessee, then check back here often. Or, as I prefer to do, use Google Reader.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

em said...

i'm super impressed about this whole blog thing! :) i personally think your first-ever blog post is just absolutely AMAZING!

:)

Malcolm said...

You need to read the book... The Blogging Church. It is the best book out there when it comes to church communications... for those new to blogging... I have been blogging for 1 1/2 years when I read it and it helped me in several areas.

Must read for all pastors... especially planters/

Kevin said...

Thanks for the encouragement, The Fuzz. And thatks for letting me borrow the book, Malcolm!