Thursday, January 21, 2010

Final Ridge Church Financial Update

Hey! I hope you all are having a great 2010! It has been a wild ride for Emily and me (and Chloe!) the last few months. That's life I guess!

I mentioned in my last post that I would have at least one more blog entry here to discuss the final financials of Ridge Church. I can say that winding down a church's bank accounts takes a little time! However, we're done, the bank statement says "$0" and we have the final info to share with you here. Our totals below include all the finances we shared at any time from The Ridge with missions organizations, missionaries, church planters, and church planting organizations.

Church Planting: $5,157.00 (The Axis Church in Nashville; Journey Church of the Highlands in Boone, NC; and the Acts29 Network in Seattle)

Regional Missions: $1,204.00 (Jimmie Hodges Ministries to the people of Appalachia)

Local Missions: $843.00 (Fountain City Ministry Center here in Knoxville)

International Missions: $56.10 (special offering from Ridge Church folks for persecuted Pakistani Christ-followers)

The total of all of this giving is $7,260.10! That's not too bad for a little church plant! I have to say, I am filled with excitement when I think back to the generosity of our Ridge Church folks and the way you all shared with others and kept your focus on God's Kingdom expansion, instead of on yourselves and your own comfort! Great job! I am proud of you (in a good way!) and will always have fond memories of our church plant together.

Thank you once again for allowing me to lead you as your church planter and lead pastor for a time. I pray that God would continue to use you in obedience wherever you go as you keep placing your faith in Him and keeping your eyes on Jesus and His harvest fields--those who don't have a relationship with Christ and desperately need one!

Again, have a great 2010! If you'd like to contact us, just email us at kevandem@yahoo.com.

For Jesus,

Kevin



No comments: