Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Final Goodbye to the Ridge Church Site

Hey! I just wanted to make a final post on the Ridge Church blog/website, and this is it.

Baby #2, Chloe, Emily and I will be moving to Charlotte on June 25, 2010 where I will be the new Student Pastor at LifePointe Christian Church. It's a five-year old church plant, and it will be a very challenging role for me. I would expect no less of the Lord! ;)

We are very excited about the new path that God has laid out for us, and ready to start serving in a new area of a town we loved living in!

This will never change the love that we have for the Ridge Church folks, those who supported us through prayer and finances while we planted The Ridge, and the fine staff of OneLife Church in Powell, who welcomed us with open arms. We care about you all and will miss each of you.

Please pray for us, and if God so leads you, consider financially supporting us in our 1/2 salary, 1/2 fundraised monetary situation in Charlotte. (You can learn more about all that in my personal blog, kevinlayne.blogspot.com.) I'm calling it "Life in the Fast Layne," but of course Emily thinks that's lame. The name of the blog is subject to change...

One final note: This blog will continue to exist as long as blogger lets it. I am planning to keep it as a record of our church plant, and my church planting thoughts and efforts, even before Ridge Church started meeting. To that end, I've imported my original blog posts from a couple years ago, so all the church planting stuff is on one blog. Doesn't mean a ton to most people, but it's a big deal for me... Feel free to read anything you want!

Until we see you again, God bless you and keep you!

Kevin


"New Baby" Layne's first picture...

No comments: